Friday, December 4, 2009

Take a walk sweet angel.

I sit here and watch her lost eyes
Flickering with the disco ball
A hundred globes round a merry go
I see the shadow of her bonnet covering the eyes
Yet a hundred globe lights will not outshine her star
In stealth mode I read her minds, keystrokes by stroke
I feel her soul wailing and mourning, She want to go
She want to be in a journey of a million light years
Her heart is strong and fighting the vices of the globe lights
The Echo of the buffers and the swagger and sways of street walkers
They fill the place and reminiscent the recreating of the red lights
In a way, I tell myselfThis is right, in a way
I want the music to stop for her
I want the lights to dim and watch the glitter of her eyes
I want the echoes of wailing and mourning from her soul to stop
I have a fifty in my wallet, it too much to pay the price
I will, if I can give her the fifty, Pledge to pay the bearer in demand
I cannot, her pal tell me o’er the moon, she is fresh
She won’t be a street walker, but this is a brothel
A silent prayer for her is all I do; hopefully she will get to walk dear Lord.
Take a walk sweet angel.


Love
Richard

~~~Writen on a crowded smokey Brothel in Hillbrow Jo'burg, for a young beautiful Zimbabwean Lady ~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for dropping by! I don't normally read poetry but you have a pretty cool site! simplistically beautiful - can I describe your poetry that way?

    ReplyDelete